
The Minister of the Nigerian Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mr Nyesom Wike, has faulted contractors who altered project designs and executed variations without prior approval.
The Minister gave the warning on Saturday during an inspection tour of ongoing projects in Pia-Gomani and Yangoji in Kwali Area Council, Abuja.
The Minister described the act as a serious breach that will no longer be tolerated and will henceforth attract strict sanctions.
Wike said the administration will no longer overlook acts of impunity that undermine project delivery, distort planning standards, and delay infrastructure meant to serve millions of residents.

He said the situation was particularly evident on the Pai–Gomani road, where unresolved variations and poor coordination between the satellite town development and the contractor have stalled progress.
According to him, ” Frankly speaking, I’m not too impressed because that road was awarded before the A2–Pai project, and we have already commissioned that,” Wike said. “It appears there’s not much communication between the Satellite Town Development Department and the contractors. There are issues of variation, and I’m not comfortable with that. Someone will go back and look at it, and those who fail to do what they are supposed to do will be sanctioned.”
In contrast to his displeasure over the Pai–Gomani project, the Minister expressed satisfaction with the quality of the Central Business District (CBD) bus terminal, describing it as one of the most impressive facilities delivered so far.
“The Central Business Area has impressed me with the quality of work. If you check, it looks a bit different from the other bus terminals we commissioned at Mabushi and Kugbo,” he said. “The contractor is bent on finishing before the end of the year, and we are very happy with the progress”, he stated

He confirmed that buses required for the take-off of the city’s upgraded mass transit system have already been procured.
Wike also highlighted progress on the 13-kilometre Gomani–Yangoji road, awarded to the same contractor that successfully delivered the A2–Pai corridor.
Wike further explained that “I have confidence in the kind of equipment they have,” he said. “By God’s grace, we will be part of the inauguration before the first anniversary of Mr. President.”
According to the Minister, improved road connectivity is opening up long-neglected rural communities and transforming economic opportunities for residents.
The Minister stressed that the administration has, for the first time, given satellite towns equal if not greater attention than the Abuja city centre.
This is the first time satellite towns have been given priority,” Wike noted. “Many communities never believed they would see development in their lifetime. That is why journalists must tell the story”, he stressed.
Projects currently progressing across the territory include: The Apo–Karshi road, now reassigned to the LCC; The Kubwa–Bwari road, ongoing and Multiple township infrastructure upgrades in underserved districts
Wike urged residents to recognise the scale and impact of infrastructure investment being undertaken under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.

The Minister emphasized that, “I’m very happy with the kind of development this administration has brought into the satellite towns, People should appreciate the job this government is doing. I’m proud to be part of it.”
He added that projects across both the city and satellite towns reflect a deliberate push to ensure balanced development.
“This government is investing so much in providing infrastructure, not just in the city but also in the satellite towns. I’m very happy with what I’ve seen.